Plastic Product Design and 3D Printing Services
At Rex Plastics, we are proficient in the field of engineering, rapid prototyping services. With competencies stretching from state-of-the-art 3D Printing Services to short and long run plastics molding, we are able to answer to all of your injection mold and part design needs in a fully CAD-enabled environment. We invite our customers to take advantage of our full scale production abilities, which come offered with rebates up to $500.00 on engineering and prototyping services.
Our prior experience in advanced fields such as communications, electrical, military, and consumer goods ensures that we have the know-how needed to add value to your project priorities, including plastic product design and 3D Printing Services.
We are able to provide form studies, function prototypes, scale models, visual prototypes, and CAD models, all converting to short or long run production. Prototype materials we work with include a wide variety of hardness and clarity, and we are able to offer full color and over-molding 3D printing services as well. We support traditional means of manufacturing like injection molding and manual machining, but also provide CNC machining. Manufacturing tolerances can be as precise as ±0.001”.
We have a great deal of experience in engineering and rapid prototyping services which includes a wide variety of product types, from small parts such as gears, forms, blanks, fasteners, to larger mass produced products like electronic housings, medical devices, and toys. Our design engineers manage product development from end to end, including design, engineering consultation, and inspection phases.
NSF, Mil-Spec, FDA, UL, and ANSI capable, we possess the quality control considerations and background knowledge, to develop your most challenging projects. For more information about our past work and current capabilities, see the table below and request a quote today.
- Form Study Prototypes
- Functional Prototypes
- Large Production Runs
- Proof of Principle Prototypes
- Scale Models
- Short Run Production
- Visual Prototypes
- CAD Modeling (2-D, 3-D)
- Technical Support
- 3D Printing
- Injection Molding
- Over Molding
- Multi Component
- AutoCAD (DWG,DWZ)
- BMP (Bit Mapped Graphics)
- DXF Drawing Interchange Format, or Drawing Exchange Format
- GIF Graphics Interchange Format
- IGES Initial Graphics Exchange Specification, ANSI file format.
- JPG or JEPG Joint Photographic Experts Group
- MasterCam (MDX, MC8, MC9, SET)
- PDES Product Data Exchange using STEP, Standard for the Exchange of Product Model Data. A standard format for exchanging data between advanced CAD and CAM programs.
- PDF Portable Document Format
- Pro-E or Pro/Engineer (DRW,PRT,XPR)
- SAT 3D ACIS Model File
- SolidWorks (SLDPRT,SLDDRW,SLDDRT)
- STEP Standard for the Exchange of Product Model Data
- TIFF Tagged Image File Format
- ParaSolid (X_T)