Rex Plastics Supports the American Economy
Rex Plastics is a top American molding company and plastics manufacturer. We are proud to support the US injection molding and US manufacturing industries by keeping work domestic, and not sourcing overseas for molds or production. Rex Plastics products are guaranteed and made in the USA, using domestically manufactured plastics whenever possible. As one of the top US plastic manufacturers, we are advocates of the Reshoring Initiative, and have published a few of their findings below:
The Reshoring Initiative is focused on helping companies shift collective thinking from “offshoring is cheaper” to “local reduces the total cost of ownership.”
The mission of the Reshoring Initiative is to bring good, well-paying manufacturing jobs back to the United States by assisting companies to more accurately assess their total cost of offshoring, and shift collective thinking from offshoring is cheaper to local reduces the total cost of ownership. They accomplish this by assisting manufacturers and suppliers in making sourcing decisions by providing valuable tools and resources including:
What is Reshoring?
Reshoring is the practice of bringing manufacturing and services back to the U.S. from overseas.
It’s a fast and efficient way to strengthen the U.S. economy because it helps balance the trade and budget deficits, reduces unemployment by creating good, well-paying manufacturing jobs, and fosters a skilled workforce. Reshoring also benefits manufacturing companies by reducing the total cost of their products, improving balance sheets, and making product innovations more effective.
Top 10 Reasons to Reshore
The top reasons that companies reshore include:
- Lead time
- Higher product quality and consistency
- Rising offshore wages
- Skilled workforce
- Freight costs
- Image of being Made in USA
- Lower inventory levels, better turns
- Better responsiveness to changing customer demands
- Minimal intellectual property and regulatory compliance risks
- Improved innovation and product differentiation
- Local tax incentives
Why America Should Reshore
Reshoring is the fastest and most efficient way to strengthen the U.S. economy because it:
- Helps balance the trade and budget deficits
- Reduces unemployment by creating productive jobs
- Reduces income inequality
- Motivates skilled workforce recruitment by demonstrating that manufacturing is a growth career.
- Helps maintain the broad industrial capability required for national defense